Spring Quarter – Week 4/5

The Friday meeting was cancelled last week and will instead be held this week.

I conducted the tests to see how the rendering speeds have improved as a result of the new models for both the lashes and the teeth. I did four different tests.

Using a script given to Marie and I from Dr. Wolfe, and with various animations also provided to me by Dr. Wolfe, I was able to open the old Paula model and implement the script which took the animations from a text file and transferred it onto the model. I did the same for the Paula model with the new geometry. I performed this process for all four animations. This insures that the animations are the same for both tests.

Next, I used another script that calculates the duration of a render. You execute the script once before rendering. Then, following each render, you call a function the outputs the render time to the screen. The names of the animations and the times of the renderings of the old and new model with the amount of improvement is listed in the table below:

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 4.57.28 PM

Overall, we are very excited about the improvement. This week we look forward to testing out the new models.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: